Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Grand Coulee Dam



One day of our trip we set aside to go to the GCD (it's too long to keep spelling out). It was a lot of fun, I had been once before, but hadn't really appreciated the size and especially the history. It was built at the order of Teddy Roosevelt as we were coming out of the Great Depression. The idea was to create jobs for the many unemployed and fix the severe drought/flooding problems going on in Washington.

I've really come to appreciate "family pictures" at different places, I love to look at them and think of the fun times that were had.

I think that I scared Haelley's poor Grandpa with this! She was perfectly secured but was enjoying looking at the water below.

The end of the trip. She was such a trooper, but being sick, traveling and meeting so many new people really took a toll on her.

No comments: